The purpose of WASHTO is to serve its member departments by:
- contributing to national policies on transportation issues that are responsive to members' needs;
- promoting a closer relationship between its members;
- advocating legislation that supports efficient and effective transportation systems, economic competitiveness and the environmental integrity of member states;
- providing a forum for exchanging ideas, exploring and adapting techniques, promoting quality and best practices for implementation;
- working with the United States Department of Transportation and other governmental agencies.
Select a member state to view more information:
Standing Committee Information
John F. Cox
John S. Halikowski
WASHTO members employees who died while performing their job. Read more...
L.I. Hewes award winners and other significant awards received by WASHTO members. Read more...