The purpose of WASHTO is to serve its member departments by:
- contributing to national policies on transportation issues that are responsive to members' needs;
- promoting a closer relationship between its members;
- advocating legislation that supports efficient and effective transportation systems, economic competitiveness and the environmental integrity of member states;
- providing a forum for exchanging ideas, exploring and adapting techniques, promoting quality and best practices for implementation;
- working with the United States Department of Transportation and other governmental agencies.
Select a member state to view more information:
Standing Committee Information
WASHTO members employees who died while performing their job. Read more...
L.I. Hewes award winners and other significant awards received by WASHTO members. Read more...
WASHTO will provide up to $3,000 per fiscal year for each member state to support an existing quality program or to start a quality program to reward employees for exceptional service. Refer to Section 4 of the WASHTO Bylaws for additional information on the Quality Support Fund Program. Read more...