- contributing to national policies on transportation issues that are responsive to members’ needs;
- promoting a closer relationship between its members;
- advocating legislation that supports efficient and effective transportation systems, economic competitiveness and the environmental integrity of member states;
The purpose of WASHTO is to serve its member departments by:
- providing a forum for exchanging ideas, exploring and adapting techniques, promoting quality and best practices for implementation;
- working with the United States Department of Transportation and other governmental agencies.